Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake


I first sampled this recipe several years ago at a Pampered Chef party that a fellow friend held at her home. It was love at first bite and I begged her for a copy of the recipe! Since that party, I have been making this dish for the past 5 years and it has become a family favorite.  I love this hearty pasta dish because it is extremely easy to make and yet is so elegant. It is the perfect weeknight main dish and can be in and out of the oven and on the table in about 30 minutes. I also love that this pasta bake freezes well. I will usually make the full recipe and freeze half of it for another busy weeknight when my little family is on the go and I don't have time to cook. It is also a favorite of mine to make and take to girl friends whom are sick or have just had babies. It is comfort food at its finest! I Hope you enjoy this recipe and that it becomes a favorite at your home!

Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake

Ingredients:

Pasta Mixture
1/2 c. chopped onion ( I use a small onion)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic cloves, pressed
1 Jar (16 oz). Bertoli Brand White Alfredo Sauce
2 (9 oz) Packages Buitoni Brand refrigerated cheese-filled or spinach tortellini
1 1/2 c. cooked cubed chicken
1 c. milk
1 c. water
1 c. frozen peas
1/4 teas. Pepper
1 teas. Dried Basil Leaves

Crumb Topping
1/4 c. grated fresh parmesan cheese
2 T. Butter/margarine
1 c. Bread Crumbs

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For pasta mixture, chop onion using a food chopper. In a saucepan heat oil on medium to high heat; add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Pasta sauce, tortellini, chicken, milk, water, peas and black pepper. Heat until mixture comes to a full boil; remove from heat and add basil.
Meanwhile, for crumb topping grate parmesan cheese. Place butter in a small microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Mix well.
Spoon pasta mixture into a greased 9X13 baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or unitl edges are bubbly and topping is golden brown.

Yield 6 servings.

Side Dish suggestions: Garlic Bread and Honey Glazed Carrots.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I'm adding it to my menu for next week - so excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely recipe and lovely tutorial as well.Nice share.keep up share that we can get more like this one.
    Tortellini recipes

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...