Monday, February 7, 2011

Queen of Hearts Cheesecake Tartlets


With Valentines Day coming up right around the bend, I wanted to share a quick and easy dessert recipe with you, Queen of Hearts Cheesecake Tartlets. These dainty little tarts would be a wonderful finale to any Holiday Dinner; especially a Romantic Valentines Day Dinner with that special lady or guy in your life. Even your little cherubs will be excited about these tarts because they are perfect for little hands.

These little tartlets are made up of Nilla wafers that are placed in the bottom of cupcake liners for a crunchy crust and then topped with creamy cream cheese filling and then baked in the oven for a few short minutes and then topped with your favorite pie filling. A few of my favorites are the Wilderness brand pie fillings such as cherry, blueberry, and Berry Medley (my personal favorite) they are a little more expensive but the extra few cents are worth it!
These tarts are a perfect way to woo your Valentine and fit for the Royalty in your life! Enjoy!

Queen Of Hearts Cheesecake Tartlets
Ingredients:
2 packages of Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
2 eggs
12-15 vanilla wafers
1 21 ounce Pie filling of your choice (cherry, blueberry or berry medley are my favorites)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper cupcake liners in the bottom of a muffin pan. When I made this recipe I was able to get 15 tarts but each pan is different.
Beat Cream Cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Place a Nilla Wafter, flat side down in each cupcake liner. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers til 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow tarts to cool completely before topping with your choice of pie filling. Store in the Fridge. Yield: 12-15 mini tarts.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee, your garland turned out darling. I love it. This is actually my only valentines decoration also, this is the first year I've really cared about decorating for valentines. Your cheesecake tartlets look so yummy, your husband must be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I wanted to let you know that I linked to this post on my blog post "21 Delicious Desserts for Your Valentine".
    Thanks for sharing your recipe!
    Stacey

    http://iwanttomakethis.com/2012/02/21-delicious-desserts-for-your.html

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...