Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Puffy Apple Pancake

We have all been told that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I agree whole heartedly. Breakfast is certainly one of my favorites. During the week I have to admit that I don't go all out and make warm breakfasts for my lil' family but I love to splurge and make something extra special on the weekends to make up for it. This recipe is a recipe that I learned while working at a Food Company down in Southern Utah and it has become one of my favorites to make on the weekends or for a special occasion. This recipe definitely feeds the masses and makes a huge 9X13 pancake. I like to halve this recipe for my little family of four because we don't eat a whole lot. Plus, this recipe is best served fresh and not a day old. This would be a perfect Valentines Day breakfast for that special lady or guy in your life. Cut this pancake into squares and Serve with Maple Syrup drizzled over the top and pair it with fresh sliced strawberries along with a slice of bacon or a couple of sausage links for a "Heart Warming" Breakfast.

Puffy Apple Pancake

Flour Mixture Ingredients:
1 c. Flour
1/3 c. Sugar
1/2 t. Salt
1/4 t. Cinnamon

Liquid Mixture:
1 1/2 c. Liquid Eggs or 6 fresh eggs
11/2 c. Milk
1 t. Vanilla

2 C. Apples, sliced thin ( I like to use Granny Smith)
1/4-1/2c. Brown Sugar
2 T. Butter

Directions:
Pour Liquid ingredients into a bowl. Whisk in Flour Mixture until well blended. Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Melt Butter in a 9X13 pan. If you are halving the recipe, use a 9x9 pan or a 9 inch pie plate. Arrange apples in a single layer in pan. Return pan to oven just until butter sizzles, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour batter over the apples. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until pancake is puffed up and lightly brown. Serve by drizzling Maple Syrup over the top. Enjoy!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE puff pancakes! I still make them all the time for my kids, but have never tried the apples with brown sugar...oh that sounds tasty, will have to try when I make them next. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find puffy pancakes to be so much tastier than regular pancakes and it's so much fun to eat. This looks like a super breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying this morning!! yay!! :) more fun than cereal. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...