Thursday, November 18, 2010

Raspberry Tilapia

I love seafood! I think that seafood is truly one of my favorite foods. If you are not a fish or seafood fan don't let this recipe scare you away. This recipe is sure to please even those non-seafood lovers. Tilapia is a farm raised fish, it is very mild and doesn't have the fishy taste that is usually the culprit for turning most people away from eating fish. I like to buy my Tilapia at Walmart. I buy it in a 4 lb bag with pre-shrink wrapped fillet portions. Tilapia is white in color and has a little pink to it. I like that the fish is pre-wrapped into individual portions so I can take out how many fillets I want to make, which makes this dish an even more convenient dish to make for my family. It takes about 25 minutes to put this dish together and bake. You won't be disapointed in the flavor department. The raspberry Vinegar, honey and dill weed compliment this fish very well. I personally think that the fish is better the day after. When serving for dinner I love to serve this fish over a good helping of wild rice along with steamed asparagus. The flavors compliment each other very well. For a lunch option, you could serve the day old fish over a salad with some raspberry vinaigrette. This is one tasty entree, and even my two kids love this and ask for more. Give this recipe a try tonight!
Raspberry Tilapia

Ingredients:
6 Fillets of Tilapia(Bream)
1/4 c. and 2 T. Olive Oil
1/4 c. and 2 T. Raspberry Blush Vinegar (I purchase mine from Harmon's or a specialty store)
1/4 c. and 2 T. honey
1 1/2 t. Yellow Mustard (I personally prefer Dijon Mustard)
3/4 teaspoon Dried Dill weed

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 X13 baking dish and arrange fish in a single layer. Meanwhile, In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, raspberry vinegar, honey, mustard and dill weed until thoroughly combined. Pour over tilapia fillets until coated evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...