Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Tis' the season for the yummy flavor of pumpkin. I love all recipes at this time of year that include this glorious ingredient. I also think my husband has a secret love affair with this ingredient because whenever I present him with something made with pumpkin, he gets stars in his eyes and he tends to drool just a little...don't let him know that I know. Wink, Wink. I recently came across this super yummy recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes. While making these pretty pancakes at my house, the wonderful aromas of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves filled my home. I also added miniature chocolate chips to the mix to entice my little ones to the table. This recipe was a huge hit with both my two kidlets and my big kid (love you honey). This would be a wonderful recipe to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas Mornings! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients:
11/4 c. flour
2 T. Sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
A pinch of ground cloves
1 c. Milk
1/4 c. plus 2 T. pumpkin puree
2 T. melted butter
1 egg
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined. Mix wet ingredients together and then add to dry ingredients. Mix together until well combined. Don't over mix because over mixed batter won't puff up nicely. Fold in Chocolate Chips. Pour the batter on griddle 1/4 c. at a time. Cook until the bubbles stop popping. About 2 minutes. Flip over and continue to cook other side for another 2 minutes. Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...