Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apple Wheat Pancakes

Ok, so I had to share another breakfast dish with my small following of cooking fanatics! This recipe comes from cooking blog Jamie Cooks it up! I am always looking for ways to implement my food storage into my cooking. This recipe uses both wheat and white flour. I am quite fond of this because this is an excellent recipe to help get your kids used to eating wheat!! I am all for that and who isn't all for eating better too! I tried this recipe last weekend on my little family of four and they freaked out because it was so good. I seriously thought I heard them moaning because it was so good! Oh wait, I think that it was me! I loved these pancakes and the butter cream syrup is to DIE for. I actually had left over syrup and used it to dip granny smith apples in the next day for a afternoon snack and it was fabulous! Just a warning, the pancakes are some what healthy but by adding the syrup, any nutritional value may go out the window! I just wanted to throw this little factoid out there in case any of you were thinking that I was proclaiming that this is a healthy option for breakfast. Although, I will guarantee that when you make this recipe for your family that you will earn the culinary cooking queen award!! This pancake and syrup recipe would be a great dish to make for all that Holiday company you many have coming in the next few months. It is sure to please your guests because of its irresistible holiday spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and apple!!

Apple Wheat Pancakes with Butter Cream Syrup
recipe and photo courtesy of " Jamie cooks it Up!"

Ingredients:
6 T. dry powdered milk
1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. apple sauce
1 T. Lemon Juice
2 eggs
1 apple, cored and grated
4 T. oil
2 T. Sugar
2 t. Baking powder
1 c. white flour
1 c. wheat flour
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. Baking soda

Directions:
Beat all ingredients until smooth. If the batter is thick add a bit more water or milk. If batter is too thin, add a bit more flour. Heat skillet or griddle pan and spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into 1/4 c. increments or to your liking. Cook until batter stops bubbling. Flip and cook on the other side. Serve with Butter Cream Syrup.

Butter Cream Syrup
recipe and photos courtesy of "Jamie cooks it Up!"
Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1/2 -3/4 can of evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar slowly and stir until creamy, thick and smooth. Add the milk a little at a time while stirring. Add vanilla and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes longer. I simmered mine for about 15 because of my glass top electric stove. Syrup will have a thick consistency when it is cooked long enough.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...