Sunday, July 18, 2010

Banana Bread

There is nothing that smells better to me than banana bread baking in the oven! I found this recipe in a cookbook that I received when my husband and I got married. I have been making it over the past 7 years and my husband always raves whenever he comes home from work and finds the smell of banana bread wafting out the door and a big loaf of bread waiting for him by the stove. Not only does my husband like this recipe but my two kidlets enjoy a slice slathered in butter.... I guarantee that this bread won't last long at your home. Next time you have ripe bananas on hand give this easy quick bread a try, it is sure to please the whole entire family!
Banana Bread
adapted from the better homes and gardens cookbook "the new cookbook"
1 1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt1 c. mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium bananas)
1/3 c. shortening, margarine, or butter
2 T. milk
2 eggs
1/4 c. chopped nuts
Directions:
In a large bowl combine the 1 c. of flour, the sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add mashed bananas; shortening margarine or butter and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and remaining flour; beat till blended. Stir in Nuts.
Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55- 60 minutes or till tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes one loaf or sixteen servings.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

2 comments:

  1. I wish I wasn't the only one in my family that liked Banana Bread, that looks scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH....it is!!! It is very yummy! Thanks Ash for the treat on my door!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...