Monday, June 21, 2010

Shrimp Carbonara

I made this yummy dish last night for the father of my children. It was Father's Day, so I wanted to make my hunny a delicious dinner to celebrate his special day. I had never heard of this dish until I came across this recipe online and thought I would give it a try. It makes quite a bit and my little family will be eating on it for the next few days. If you do make this, I would recommend making it for a get together or if you are going to entertain. This dish only calls for 8 ingredients and is fairly easy to make. It has shrimp, chopped bacon and onions that are sauteed in butter and then added to a egg/whip cream mixture and then added to cooked spaghetti. The bacon and Romano cheese are what give this dish its incredible flavor. Once everything is made I twirled the spaghetti and topped it onto a crispy piece of french bread for a fancy presentation. Try making this dish tonight or for your next get together with friends or family, they will surely be impressed.
Shrimp Carbonara
1 1/2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
1 1/2 cup bacon (diced)
1 c. yellow onion (diced)
1 teaspoon or less of black pepper
2/3 c. whipping cream
1 1/2 lbs. of spaghetti (cooked and drained)
2 c. freshly grated Romano Cheese
1/4 c. butter
4 eggs

Cooking Instructions:

Step 1: Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse cover and set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter and saute bacon and onion until onions become transparent and bacon is crispy. Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp have turned pink. Season with desired amount of pepper.
Step 2: In a bowl, whisk whipping cream and eggs until blended.
Step 3: Add noodles to skillet. Add egg and cream mixture. Then add Romano Cheese. Toss the Noodles with the sauce and turn down the heat. Keep cooking until the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Divide into serving bowls or place onto a piece of crispy garlic bread for a beautiful presentation for your dinner guests. Top with fresh or dried parsley.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...