Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mothers Day Craft Tutorial

A couple of days ago, I was invited to a friends home to make these darling crafts for Mother's and Father's day! It was nice to get a jump start on gifts for these holidays because it is so hard for me to think of things to give these special people in my life. Especially, those that seem to already have everything they want/need. I loved this craft idea. It is very simple to make and only took me several hours to complete. I made these for my hubby, my mom and my mother in law for their special days. I thought they could place these on their desks at work to help remind them of our little family.

Tutorial
Step 1: Using a 2x4 cut 2- 12 inch pieces of wood. Sand edges and all over wood to make smooth to the touch.
Step 2: Stain wood to the color of your liking or if you don't have stain on hand you can use Acrylic paint and water it down a little. Let Dry.
Step 3: Using modge podge, paint the wide flat side and place a 3 inch x 12 inch piece of your choice of scrapbook paper onto the wood. Modge Podge to secure paper. Once secure, Modge Podge over the entire paper to secure.
Step 4: Using modge podge again, paint the thin side of 2x4. Then adhere a 1 inch x 12 inch piece of your choice scrapbook paper onto the wood. Modge Podge on back of scrapbook paper to secure paper to wood. Once secured, modge podge over the entire paper to secure.
Step 5: Once Modge podge is dry, drill three holes at the top of your widest piece of wood at 2 inch, 6 inch and 10 inches. Make sure you drill all the way through!!
Step 6: Pull ribbon through the holes and attach a cute clamp of your choice. Tie a bow. Add a picture.
Step 7: On your thin piece of scrapbook paper, rub on your choice of saying printed in Vinyl Lettering. Some sayings that you could use: Best Friends Forever, We love Grandma, We love Daddy, We love You!
Step 8: Secure the two piece of wood together by using Elmers Wood Glue or Elmers white glue.
Step 9: Viola, you have a cute gift to give away.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...