Monday, March 8, 2010

Salt- Free Mexican Seasoning Blend

I found this recipe for salt-free Mexican seasoning blend in one of my monthly Woman's day Magazines. I have been trying to cut out the extra salt and fat in my little family's diet lately. I have been wanting to lose a little weight and I liked the idea of making my own Taco Seasoning mix instead of buying those convenient but sodium laden packets of taco or chili seasoning mixes. I like this recipe and you can use it in place of your regular taco seasoning packets. It is also great as a rub!

Salt-Free Mexican Seasoning Mix
adapted from the March 2010 Edition of Woman's Day Magazine

1/4 c. salt free chili powder
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt

Mix together until well blended and store in an air tight container or jar.

NOTE:
For Tacos or Chili: Use 2 1/2 Tbsp. per lb. of ground beef or turkey
As a rub (great for fajitas): Use 1 Tbsp. per lb. of steak, chicken or pork.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

4 comments:

  1. oh neat! I've never made a mix of seasonings to use...just threw them all together while I was cooking. Do you have more seasoning mixes that you use??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee this blog is so fun! I especially love this seasoning. The packets in the store can be expensive, but this is awesome! Can't wait to see more of your fabulous recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment above was really from me not Bryce. I was just logged in as him at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. discount spices

    Eating the same diet again and again can become bland and zap the excitement out of a fine cuisine and its preparation. We enjoy cooking and savoring the taste of each unique dish, and our goal is to make it your enjoyment as well and more information then visit: www.usimplyseason.com or CALL TODAY! 888-243-7770

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...