Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Piece of Cake

While I was in Southern Utah visiting extended family a few weeks ago, my mother-in-law who knows I like to cook, gave me a Crock Pot cook book. A lot of the recipes call for 5 ingredients or less. I love easy recipes and I especially love recipes that I can make in my crock pot. I love being able to throw things into a pot and let it do the work for me! In my new cookbook, I came across this Chocolate Pudding Cake recipe. I was a little hesitant about making a cake in my crock pot since I have never tried making a cake in it before but it turned out so delicious! We made it for our FHE (Family Home Evening) Treat last night. The cake is very moist and I love the pudding swirled through the cake. It is the perfect blend of chocolate and It satisfied my chocolate fix without being too rich!
Easy Crock Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake
1 package (6 serving size) instant Chocolate pudding and pie filling
3 cups of Milk
1 package (181/2 ounces) chocolate fudge cake mix plus ingredients to prepare mix
Whipped Topping or Ice Cream (optional)
Crushed peppermint Candies

1.Spray 4 quart Crock pot slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place pudding mix in Crock Pot slow cooker. Whisk in Milk.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Carefully pour cake mix into Crock Pot slow cooker. DO NOT STIR!! Cover, cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours or until set. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping and crushed peppermint candies, if desired.
Makes 16 servings.

Note: I cooked mine for the full 1 1/2 hours. Next time I make this I will check on it after an Hour and keep my eye on it. Some of the edges of the cake got a little done for my taste.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. looks soooo tasty. and easy! definitely one I'm going to try. I love easy crockpot recipes! LOVE that you started this blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...